Creating Viability & well-being in rural communities and landscape of the Nilgiri biosphere.
“That there will be clear water flowing from the streams of Nilgiris without poison… that everyone will have their place; animals will have their place, and people will have their place.” I smile and tell her it sounds good. She says, “It is possible, you see, it’s possible.”
Our Plan of Action
- Health of the soil – Our core strength and focus – Our Farming Programme
- Health of the people – Our innovative Health Programme created for the village women and through them their families and communities
- Health of the environment – Safeguarding the environment by sensitizing the future citizens of India, the school children of today, through Our Eco-club Programmes. These are being run in the middle-level, both Government and private schools
- Our Income Generation Programme for village women – working towards their empowerment
- An Integrated Programme of all the above 3, being carried out in Chengal Pudur, a Kurumba Tribal village at Droog in the Nilgiris.
- A soon-to-be-started special Project to propagate plants in the endangered lists of trees, plants etc to ensure that the Bio-diversity of the Nilgiris stays intact and Healthy
Every kind of of support is an affirmation that Earth Trust is doing something very right. We appreciate support that comes as financial contribution, support in terms of ideas to take us forward, cross–fertilising and net-working, support in terms of volunteering. Please contact us, if you are willing to help us in our quest for transforming Nilgiris. You can call us, write to us or send us a message.
Earth Trust Nilgiris
Tamil Nadu 643215, INDIA
Phone +91 423 251 7036